Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Workshop and Safari

Good Morning!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of taking part in a photography workshop and safari, put on by Capturing True Emotion Photography Workshops.  (You can check out their website here..and I definitely recommend it!)  Jason found a Groupon for this workshop/safari and I was able to attend for a fraction of the actual price value.  I am SO glad I went!  The speaker broke down everything I was still confused on with my camera- ISO, Aperature and Shutter Speed are now my friends!  I used to try and "google" as much as I could to understand how to use the different modes on my camera.  I always ended up feeling more confused than before my googling.  Now, I completely understand each function of my camera and how the work together and how to MAKE them work together for perfect exposure!  I'm a little nervous to actually venture to "manual mode" on a real photo shoot, in case I mess up (haha)...but, I will definitely  start by practicing on my favorite subject, Emilia! :)

Here is one of my favorite images from the "photo safari" (where we practiced using the techniques we learned during the morning session).  I don't know this girl, but she was one of our "models" and this shot was when she had about 25 other cameras up her nose too.  I love that it just looks like a beautiful, summery day!


Have a great day! (O:

No comments:

Post a Comment