Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

Man is this weather lovely!  The high again today (3rd day in a row) is around 60.  In fact, according to my smart phone, it is 60 degrees outside Right. Now.  This has really been a weird "winter", as we have had more warm days than cold days.  It has only snowed ONCE and also one (maybe two) ice storm(s).  That is So NOT typical for STL.  Usually the cold blasts us every day starting around Thanksgiving and lasting until as late as March.  I know it only Feb. 1, and the winter weather could rear its ugly head at any moment...but for now, today, I am enjoying the sunny, Spring day!

Spring is definitely my favorite season- full of new life, cool breezes, jeans and tees, rainboots, and good energy.  Is it just me, or do people seem to perk up when the weather is nice?  Maybe it's just really obvious after the winter lull.  No winter lull this year!  We have had some wacky weather and I am LOVING every second of it!  This will be my last "spring" for a few years and intend to make the most of it.  I want to take lots of walks to the park, play with Emilia, jump in puddles if/when it rains, pick flowers(weeds) with her, and lots of fun photos. 

Even though I know I'm not the only person on God's list, I sometimes daydream that these wonderful springtime days are little blessings just for me.  Like He knows I need them before the heat wave STL is known for shows up.  Not to mention our big move to a permanent heat wave in July.  Usually Spring lasts about 1-2 weeks in STL, and then Summer smacks everyone in the face.  So far, I'm enjoying this wonderful (albeit early) Spring weather and I really *really* hope it continues until at least May.  Wouldn't that be fantastic?!  Aside from the obvious wonderful-ness of an extended Spring, I can think of many events that would be better with this lovely weather:  Emilia's Fairy Birthday Party, Easter, Girls Weekend and Rainboot Photo Shoot...just to name a few.

I am bracing myself for the eventual return to real winter because I don't want to get my hopes up.  But like I said, I am loving this weather while I have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment