Thursday, December 22, 2011

Slacker Update

Hello!

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I have posted anything over here...time flies when you're running around like the flight of the bumblebee!!  In fact, I don't even recall "announcing" our big news about Saipan!  In case I already mention it (darn memory...), I will be brief.

Jason and I decided that God was calling us into the mission field, and more specifically, to the island of Saipan.  We will be leaving for the island next summer and have agreed to work there for a minimum of 2 years.  Jason will work as an associate minister at the church as well as teach at the private school associated with the church.  I will spend my days with Emilia, helping her adjust to a completely new life and looking for any ways to get involved in the community, church, etc.  There are so pieces of this puzzle yet to be put into place, but we are so excited for the opportunity and cannot wait to see what God has in store for us!!

To catch you up--  We moved back to the STL Metro area at the beginning of December after a great job opportunity literally fell in my lap.  I had been looking, applying, etc for any and every job I could find and wasn't hearing anything back.  Since I'm to be our only source of income while Jason travels raising support, this was starting to concern me slightly.  Then, as He does every time, as soon as I turned my worries over to God, He took care of us.  An old co-worker/supervisor called me asking if I was still looking for a temp job.  She explained the job to be as well as the pay and it was all I could do to not hooray for joy at my desk!  It was better pay than I anticapted, the job sounded exciting and I love working with this person!  So, here I am almost a month in and I love it.  I can't remember the last time I enjoyed my work and didn't mind having to get up and ready before the sun!

Jason's last Sunday as Pastor of Herrick Christian Church is this Sunday, Christmas Day.  We will go up for the morning service and say our goodbyes.  We have made so many great friendships and relationships over the past year and a half, and it will surely be a hard morning.  Then, on January 8th, we will officially join a local General Baptist Church and Jason will start traveling to raise support.  He should, hopefully, only be gone a couple days each week, and occasionally on a weekend.  Since he is also going to be paid by the church and school in Saipan, our "big number" to raise isn't too bad and I know God will provide for us.  He's good like that. ;-)

We aren't exactly settled in yet, but we are getting there.  Emilia loves living with Jason's parents, her Grammy and Grampy are awesome!  Jason should hopefully finish up the apartment they own behind their house within the next month and we will all welcome a little space, I think!  As for now, we are gearing up for lots of Christmas gatherings and I even have 2 newborn photo sessions booked!  Life is going by as quickly as ever and we are loving every second!

No comments:

Post a Comment