Wednesday, May 9, 2012

16 Weeks Update

Hello!

I had my 16 week check-up on Monday and everything looks good! 

*Baby's heartbeat is around 155 and I cannot remember if girls or boys are said to have higher heartbeats...

*Baby is about the size of an avocado (O:

*Weight is holding steady  (thank you Zumba!)

*The "BUMP" is officially here, no more denying it or hiding it.  It's not a full-out preggo bump yet, but it is past the "little bit of chubb" stage.

*I am still pretty tired.  Most nights I go straight to sleep after putting Emilia to bed around 8:30.

*No real food cravings.  The most I can describe is when a person talks about a food that sounds good, I then cannot get that food out of my mind and it must be consumed.  Like right now, it's a doughnut...and scrambled eggs.  (Not together).  I have noticed a decreased appetite, which I think is because most things do not sound good- except Ravioli...my rav intake is on the upswing. ;-)

*My memory is deteriorating by the day...seriously, like it could get any worse.

*Emilia's latest decision regarding gender is boy...then girl...then boy.  I hope this means she will be satisfied either way.  Only time will tell!  She does ask to hold the baby often, not completely understanding that she has to wait a few more months.  I think she will be a great big sister.

*I have decided to take a break from baby product searches.  They make me tired and we aren't at a point where we can start making purchases yet, so why bother.  The only thing we really *need* will be cloth diapers and I already have those decisions made.  So, we will wait and make the purchases a few months down the road.  (Would it be rude to ask those wanting to throw a "Sprinkle Shower" to consider Cotton Babies gift cards or cash towards these purchases?  Probably...but I'm worried about getting a bunch of toys, etc. that we cannot really take with us.  OK, another issue for another day...)

*Exciting news on the maternity clothes front!  I scored 2 pairs of jean capris and one pair of jean shorts for $1 each...yay!  (Did I already mention that?  Probably...)  But then yesterday I found a pair of Gap Long and Lean maternity jeans in my size for a very reasonable price as well!  L&L are my favorite style of jeans- the ones I don't even have to try on because I know they always fit.  So that was a very exciting find.  I cannot wait for them to arrive.  I may turn them into capris or bermuda shorts so I can maximize their use this summer and on Saipan.

One last thing to note...I recently found out that Saipan does not administer epidurals unless there is an emergency.  To those who had their children "drug-free", this might not seem like that big of a deal.  But, honestly, I am not brave, I have never admitted to be.  I am not excited about this.  I have had a few well-meaning mommas tell me it is the best thing they have ever done, and I am sure they believe that.  I also believe that I CAN do this- I HAVE TO.  Soon enough I will start researching coping with the pain, etc etc.  But for right now, I want to just be able to say that I'm not looking forward to it and honestly, I am scared.  While I appreciate the encouragement of friends and family, I am not ready to start hearing the glory stories of others.  I'm sorry if that is rude, but it is how I feel.  I hope to come around to a more positive place soon, and I am sure I will.  But right now, I just want someone to agree with me that it really stinks.  (End pity party).

Sorry to end on such a bummer of a note.  I wanted to express even the sad/scary moments of this pregnancy and there was never going to be an exact right moment to do it.  So, say a little prayer for me and I will try to be more positive next week.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I think it totally stinks that you can't have an epidural in saipan. I will be praying for you!!! I am glad to hear that things are going well with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew- you know i've gone all natural crunchy hippy so if/when we have another i'll be going natural/epi free- and that SCARES ME TO DEATH! it would be so nice for you to at least have the option and i'm sorry! praying that you find some good info that will give you peace of mind. i'm not even pregnant yet and i'm nervous;)

    ReplyDelete